So the ultrasound started out like this....
The baby was breached (which is totally fine, they have room to flip around eventually) BUT the baby's bottom was as low as it can go. Meaning the tech tried at the beginning of the process to find out our baby's gender. When she couldn't tell she moved on to the anatomy of the baby. Once she was done with this she continued to try and try to find the gender of our very squirmy baby. She pointed out that the babies legs were crossed, and the umbilical cord was right there-in the way. She told me she had a guess of what it was but she didn't want to tell me because she could be 100% wrong. She said it was a guess. Her guess was a GIRL, but she said the reason she was guessing this was because the boy parts could be hiding near the cord. So the one thing she knew for sure was that she didn't know what it was.
My dr also mentioned that she will not be able to do another ultrasound unless there is an issue or something they could not see really well.
So I am pretty bummed out, I wanted to know the gender of our sweet baby, and now that have a guess I don't want to think about it because what if it is a little boy that was being shy?? I think the main reason I am uneasy is because I didn't have a drs appointment afterwards to tell me everything is okay with the baby. With Bentley I saw my dr right after to confirm the health of the baby. This office does their ultrasounds out of the office so there is no appointment to follow.
I am a big planner, I like to know everything about the baby. We have a tradition that when we find out the sex of the baby we head to the nearest bookstore to pick out a journal. I then start to write all my details about the pregnancy, the birth, and every single little detail about our baby. We also go pick out an outfit. We are headed now to get a journal, a very neutral colored one :) And I think we can wait on an outfit.
During the whole ultrasound Bentley kept coming up to me rubbing my face, giving me kisses and high fives. She is the sweetest and could care less about the gender of the baby or health-because no matter what she will love it. Even though we don't know what it is, WE will love it so much.

5 comments:
Oh no! That's such a huge bummer! Maybe your doctor will be nice and make up a reason to do another one. I know my dr said they would do that for me if I wanted to.
Oh man! Come on shy little one!! That is crazy...
Well I am totally bummed with you! I still have forever until I find out what I am having so I was so excited to see what you are having! I really really hope your dr. lets you have one before you are 34 weeks. That's way too long to wait. Whatever it is though its going to be so stinkin cute. Just look at little Miss Bentley. She is so adorable, and so sweet.
Such a bummer you couldn't find out. Maybe you could go to a specialty place you do not need your insurance for? Anyways..still so excited for you guys
So sad! ONLY ONE MORE DAY!
Post a Comment