This year I decided to sign up for the London's Run. I ended up doing the 10k run with my friend Molly. It was such a fun experience. I love to sign up for races right after I have a baby to help motivate me to get out and get back into shape! Molly that day ran for her sister-in-law who passed away a few years ago from cancer. What a privilege it was to hear about all the families who are supported by the donations of the London's run. All of the mile markers were pictures of those who recently fought cancer in the Queen Creek area. I teared up every single time I passed the pictures along the way reminding us why we were running that day. My favorite picture I saw was of a sweet little girl in the hospital, bald as can be, with a quote on it saying, "running is easy-fighting cancer is hard."
On a lighter note, around mile five I was passing by a girl who had earlier passed me up and she told me that she keeps smelling me and I smell so amazing. I'm hoping that she was serious because if it was a joke it was not a funny one in my case.
Me and the girls! Sophie 2 1/2 months Bentley 2 1/2 years!
Molly and I!!
No comments:
Post a Comment