One other thing I wanted to mention was how wonderful Bentley has done with potty training! I wanted to have her potty trained by two and she is! We first started potty training at 22 months-and she did okay but still didn't understand it too well. I took a break and then started again. I figured a break would be a good thing since Kam and I went to California, and I made a trip alone to Arizona. So we decided to wait until we got back from California-right when she turned two-and it was perfect timing! I am so proud of my little girl-hopefully she wont scold the new baby too much when she gets here for going potty in her diaper.
My husband is the best, I just have to put this. He is working his rear end off this semester. He is taking 16 credits, riding the bus and light rail to school, and gone all day at school so he can study there. He is one of those guys that is in the library everyday-in between classes and during lunch. He spoke with Dr. Simmons, who is over the program, and he is still on track to graduate in December! One of his midterms are due on my due date-but who actually has a baby on their due date right? We love being in school and have a feeling we are going to look back on these fun times and miss them. I also found out that he has a fall break! How awesome is that?? We could not be more happy right now.
bentley's journal on the left, and the new little girls on the right.
This is part of my nesting-writing in my girls journals. I document all about my pregnancy-fun little details and facts along with silly things they do as they grow. Reading back on bentley's has been very entertaining. Being a mom i realize how much kids grow and change daily, that is why I have these little journals to document everything. I also love to share my testimony and experiences as a mother. I hope this helps her when she is older and in my shoes.
Going potty! The first few days were not easy-the reason why I gave up the first time I tried a few months ago. But she has been awesome! I never thought I would be the type to reward my child with candy-but I don't think I could have done this without smarties and m&ms!!


6 comments:
so cute- well i took your advise/idea and got a journal and write in it for leila its fun and I really hope she does appreciate it when she is older! good. and good job on the potty training and a little candy never hurt anyone right?
I LOVE that photo of B in black and white, she is so dang cute. I love your journals, I think it's such a good idea.
Change is so fun isn't it?! She is growing sooo fast! Reminds me how quickly my baby is growing!
What a sweet idea with the journals. They will love and appreciate that when they are older. I can't believe how big Bentley is getting. She is so stinking cute!! Soo excited for you for your baby girl. Your girls will have so much fun together!!
Sarah, I'm finally catching up on blogs and all your posts and pictures are so cute!! I love your fathers day pkg! Out of control cute. And I want your clothes!
Btw, LOVE the family pix, thanks again!!! I want to do our families and kid's portraits in October maybe if that works for you!
She has the best smile! I need to get more organized. I write almost everything down but its either on my blog, fb, my journal...
Post a Comment