Decked out in pink for her first day of nursery :)
(*this looks a lot like her 18 month outfit, but its only the same sweater, she just has a lot of pink!)
Bentley's first week of nursery alone was a little bit crazy. To keep her quite during the closing prayer of our first meeting I gave her my chap stick to put on her lips. You should see her use it, she is obsessed.
So I walk her over to nursery and I try to secretly take it out of her hands and let her down, she was not too happy about this. I showed her a toy and ran out as fast as I could. We checked on her ten minutes later, she was finally calmed down but still a little mad.
Finally I go and check on her and she was in the poor leader’s arms, asleep, in between each breath she was gasping for air from crying too hard. This broke my heart, but the lady said she was fine to hold. The last time Bentley fell asleep in my arms was in the air plane when she was 9 months old, which was almost a year ago. Before that she was probably six months old. Let’s just say that doesn’t happen often.
About thirty minutes later Kam goes to see if she is still asleep, or if the poor leader is still holding her. He pokes his head in and the lady quickly hands Bentley to Kam and says, "I think she has had enough nursery for today."
Lets just say Bentleys first time in nursery alone went pretty bad, and I blame myself for giving her the chap stick, next time I will bring her in happy. I now have so much respect for those nursery leaders of the little ones, they are very special people with big hearts not to get frustrated easy by little b stealing everyone’s water cup, standing on the chairs, getting out of her chair to dance and pushing other girls over for a doll. Seriously where do kids learn these things? I hope next week she can learn how to share, and learn how to be there without her mama.
Good thing this girl is cute :)
(if anyone has any advice on getting your kids to understand how to share please let me know, this little girl everything is hers.)


3 comments:
Poor Bentley...I never realized how tiny they are when they are forced into that {overwelming/scary} classroom. My advice (as the Nursery leader), try and keep her in there the whole time without her seeing you...they are sooo smart and know how to start crying again to get mom....once she learns that its fun and that you ALWAYS come back- their attitude on Nursery changes drastically. The Nursery leaders have to be on the same page though- some get {MOM HAPPY} and take them to you whenever they make a peep- I feel they are just setting themselves up for disaster...I know she will do great! And with the sharing--- pretend sharing with you and Kam and stuffed animals at home, constantly reinforcing it-- she will learn it eventually, and if she doesn't- she'll still look cute stealing all those toys!
Don't worry about the sharing thing. It's just a developmental thing she has to learn at that age. Plus so far in her world everything IS hers cause she doesn't have siblings yet. Jameson was the same way. Just keep trying & practicing having her share with you when you're playing and she'll get it. You'll be amazed how much that changes over the next couple of months. She'll do great.
She is just so cute! I love her pig tails..haha.
Post a Comment