Tuesday, February 15, 2011

18 months

My little one turned 18 months old a few days ago. Which means she will be in nursery on Sunday! I have mixed feelings about this. I am so excited to finally go to all three hours of church without roaming the halls and for Bentley to interact with other kids. BUT I am not excited to have a consistently sick child that catches everything from nursery and being the small one she gets pushed around a lot. Good thing Bentley is a tough one and doesn't realize she is a pipsqueak! This is Bentley on valentines day, decked out in pink and playing too hard in our backyard since the snow has finally melted.

What she can do now:
When we sing her the ABC's she sings "A" the whole time
She knows all the moves to "pop corn poppin on the apricot tree"
She can make almost any animal noise, but she usually growls like a lion if she doesn't remember
She copies a lot of things we say like, she called my mom yesterday and said, "hi gama!" so cute!
She is so loving, and loves to give kisses
When she is in trouble she comes over and gives me a kiss, how could I resist!
The only word she does not understand is "NO" but she sure likes to say it back!
When she is mad and frustrated she throws a fit and bites something that should not be bitten, like the couch
Bentley is so interested in the world, she could play outside all day
But she could sit in front of the tv if we let her
She is down to one nap a day *sigh*
Bentley has been hiding to go potty since she was 15 months, so I bought her a potty seat and she loves to sit on it, she just has not actually gone in it yet.
Bentley has more energy than an living thing I know
Bentley loves her dad more than anyone, and loves her mom when she is sad, sick or tired
She has gotten better at eating but we still struggle everyday with at least one meal, she would rather run around than eat

Bentley is the funnest cutest little stinker we know, she makes us so happy and smile everyday. Happy 1 1/2 birthday Bentley cakes!

When she runs really fast away from mom to avoid a picture and just play, she punches the air. I think she thinks it makes her faster. We could not lover her anymore! Please stop growing up!

9 comments:

Rubalcavas said...

She is such a cutie!

kate said...

so cute! i love her little shoes!

Kay and Krystal said...

She is just so cute! And I LOVE her shoes too. It's so sad how fast they grow!

CASSIE said...

So it JUST hit me that she is 18 months old! She is the same age of my nursery kids....holy cow she grew up!! I can't believe I am missing it!! Good luck on Sunday! :)

Rob, Michelle, Luke & Harper said...

I cannot believe how much she has grown. She is changing from a cute baby into a beautiful little girl.

Rob, Michelle, Luke & Harper said...

Oh and nursery might be hard at first but I bet she will quickly grow to LOVE it.

Chelsea said...

aw. what a sweet baby!!!!

Mine little guy is 22 months. i cant believe he's about to be TWO! Ahhhh!!!

Just found your blog and love it!

ps, there's a jewelry give a way on my blog. be sure to stop and say hello. Have a great day!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

She is adorable :) love her hair like that!

Shelene said...

I can't believe she is 18 months! I remember coming over right after she was born like it was yesterday! Holy smokes. I wish we saw each other more often, she's a cutie :)