Tuesday, July 28, 2009

flower clips made easy!

Being a beehive advisor in the YW you sure learn a lot, a few months ago we found out how to make simple flower clips.
Cassie and I decided to make a few flower clips of our own. Here are the easy, simple and CHEAP instructions on how to make them.
1.Take a flower head off of the steam and then take the middle out, along with the back leftover greenery from the steam.

2. Get a small metal clip (can find a box of 100 at Sally's for 5 bucks) and your favorite scrap booking brad.
3. Stick the brad through the top of the flower. Slide the brad through the top section of the clip and then flatten.

(make sure you don't forget to add a little bit of the greenery back on to the back of the flower, this will keep it stiff so it is not floppy in the hair.)

DONE, in three simple steps! You don't even have to use a hot glue gun, how easy is that!
I made 11 different flower clips for a total of twelve bucks! Can you believe it! Making it yourself is sooo much easier, and cheap. This is so fun to do for little girls and us big girls too :)

4 comments:

CASSIE said...

Thanks-- they are sooo cute! I told Ness about them--we'll make more when she comes! :)

Rubalcavas said...

Those are adorable!! Did you make the board to hang them from too? I've been wanting to make one for Maura.

Jason and Kristy said...

Those are so cute! i love making flower clips. you look so cute in those pics of you pregnant. Anyway, kudos on the flower I love them. And I love the board you put them on.

Danielle Christene said...

Such a cute idea... I wish I had a little girl to make them for :(