Monday, July 27, 2009

37 weeks and still pregnant

37 weeks and okay with it.

I had contractions this last weekend and I didn't know you could literally not speak through them...

The last month I have been hoping to go into labor early or experience full blown contractions. I didn't even have a handful and I was overwhelmed. I now have even more respect for every single mother out there. Its scary but exciting to think about.

I am so excited to stop getting the following questions:
About to pop yet?
Any day now huh?
When are you due?
How much longer?

These questions have been eating at me for the last week. I want to wear a sign on my head that says, "If I was about to pop I would not be here at work, I know I look miserable, and no I am not swollen I really have small chubby toes and feet." Being 5'1 and pregnant is not flattering.

I am so lucky to have a wonderful husband, he still tells me I look cute and loves me so much. We feel so bad for our baby who has to be born into the heat! We are so excited to see her and cannot wait to hold her and love her.


For those of you who insist on getting some pictures, here ya go. This post will probably be removed soon . . . I am not fond of the pictures and very self conscious.


I knew that this picture would get some complaints by not being able to see my belly good enough so the one below justifies the baby!

7 comments:

Danielle Christene said...

Aw Sarah, I feel for you I really do... these last weeks are the worst. Lucky for me I have not had to go past 37 weeks... so hopefully your little Bentley will come soon, but if not just be patient because once it starts it is all over so quickly... it is bittersweet. I am so excited for you guys... you have the greatest experience ahead. There is nothing like it and no greater joy.

p.s.
You really do still look beautiful.

Sandi said...

You are adorable as ever Miss Sarah!

Unknown said...

Sarah you look gorgeous! I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like your posts and your pics as well! I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories on line. Have you picked a name for baby yet? The name you pick for your baby should be as unique as they are. I remember I spent a lot of time chilling out choosing my baby names. Here a great link http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ Let us know how it's going!! Jo and her little Marlow

Rubalcavas said...

Believe me...I KNOW how miserable you are....just relax a lot and enjoy your rest before she comes. Keep her in there until we come!

Kacie said...

Sarah, you really do look great! When I was the far along I didn't let the camera near my face. You look so cute! And Danielle is right, that last couple weeks are THE WORST! But soon you will have your sweet beautiful baby and it will all be worth it!

CASSIE said...

I am very happy now thank you...you really do look cute!

Chase and Melissa said...

Sarah!! You are the cutest pregnant woman ever! Chase and I are so excited for you guys. We're planning on making a trip to Phoenix within the next couple months and we can't wait to meet baby-b!! I wish you the best of luck with the delivery. Hopefully Kam won't pass out like Chase almost did...ha! We love you guys and hope to see you soon.