So yesterday was one of the most exciting days of my and Kam's life. We stayed home from work and went to the Dr. to find out what our little precious baby is! We get to the Dr, and the ultrasound tech is running about 45 minutes behind. When you go in for your first ultrasound they have you drink a lot of water, 32 ounces an hour before. So we are patiently waiting for the lady to call my name, and she calls about two other Sarah's that are sitting in the office. Everyone starts filing in and out of the office while I stay in my seat about to pee my pants. We finally get in to do the ultrasound and the foot rest is broken, I told her not to worry about it and I moved a chair to rest my legs on while I laid back. As I am laying back I am trying to look for something that indicates it is a little boy. . . searching. . . . searching - no luck. We actually cannot see anything that indicates a girl or a boy. The nice lady lets me up to go to the bathroom, and then let me come back to find out what the baby is. So when I come back in and lay back down, I get a shooting pain in my back, and feel like I am going to faint, or throw up. I sit up and I think to myself, "Could there be a worse time for this, I never get sick anymore!" The ultrasound tech goes to get me some apple juice and lays me down on my side; she also turns down the temperature, which actually helps! I think the issue was the way I was laying with my feet hanging off of the bed.
With my feet propped up and me lying on my side we begin the search to find out what baby Webb is going to be. Our baby had their hand covering their bottom. My first thought was, this is a boy, all boys hands are always down their-just like his daddy. The lady looks at the picture and zooms in once the hand is removed and says, that is definitely a girl!!! I was shocked and asked her to check it again. Our little girl was so modest and so cute. She is measuring perfect; to the date of my original due date. She was a little stubborn so we could not see all of the measurements, so we have to come back in a month. My uterus is also lying very low; they will have to check it in a month to make sure I do not have placenta previa. We are not too worried, in most cases the placenta will migrate to its normal spot.
Everyone’s first reaction is, “How is Kam taking it,” and he is so happy! We convinced ourselves it was a boy so it was a little shocking but the best news ever! We are so excited to show pictures of our cute little baby GIRL!!! Can you believe it? I can’t!
She is so beautiful! We are so excited to finally know what it is going to be!
For those of you who have had a girl, you can tell what it is. Those three white lines show that it is a girl for sure!
9 comments:
Congratulations. I am so excited for you two. I told you it was a girl... she is going to be beautiful.
Yahoo!! Congrats!! We love you guys:)
Yay! That's so exciting. I can't wait to see her!
Yeah!! I am sooo excited! Finally, a little girl to satisfy my girl baby hunger!
We are so so so very excited!!! you're gonna have so much fun with this one... oh yeah... so am i! hahaha quilt is in the first stages... i knew it too! i was definitely feeling PINK right before you called with the news!
<3
woo-hoo!
Congrats you two. That is very exciting! She will be a doll!
Congrats...that is so exciting! I bet you cant wait even more now!
Yay! That is so exciting! It is so fun to dress girls up. I love your wedding pictures. Your dress looks a lot like mine. Good luck with the pregnancy!
Post a Comment