Thursday, May 31, 2012

what its all about

My day went a little something like this....
Bentley woke up at 4 something with nightmares again
remembered at 5 am that the sprinklers were left on from the night before
early morning walk with one of my best friends + kiddos
came home to a clean house (my husband is seriously amazing and knows nothing makes me happier than a tidy home!)
watched my girls play
enjoyed the 106 weather
saw Bentley color smiley faces all by herself today!
ate dinner as a family
sent my cute husband off to work
caught up with another good friend over delicious lunch
sang the abc's throughout the day
enjoyed my youngest while my oldest was catching up on sleep
let Bentley play in the bath for an hour because its too hot outside
bathed Soph in the sink (she might be getting too big for this but its very convenient!)
watched Bentley color some more
had a dance party
watched a Disney movie
listened to b say her prayers and sang lots of bedtime songs

this is what it's all about.

I also wanted to document the story of B's first drawings of something that actually made sense. I was in the other room feeding Sophie and overheard Bentley and Kam's conversation. He asked her if she was drawing smiley faces, and she exclaimed, "Yes dad!" I always think its cute hearing their conversations from a distance. As soon as I walked into the room I was very surprised. Bentley had completely drawn smiley faces, all by herself, out of nowhere!! She has been drawing on the chalkboard side of her easel for months, and I finally got her some dry erase markers for the other side yesterday. I think the markers may  be a little easier to draw with for my sweet artist!! Who knew that this little girl was so talented. I love seeing my kids accomplish firsts-they happen on a normal day just like today. 
look at how amazing she is!!!!


i love this cute face!!

bath time!! 

tired sisters by the end of the day!!

2 comments:

The Motts said...

so cute! your girls are so sweet! im sure you have seen this on pinterest but just incase- http://www.childsown.com/softiemaker-showcase/ they make drawings into dolls! might be fun for b's first smiley faces!

kate said...

Those drawings are seriously amazing, go B! It must be the left hand.... :)