Tuesday, September 28, 2010

before meets after

For some reason, I constantly have a million different projects going on. Since we have moved here, I have done less socializing and more sewing, painting and crafting. I don’t know why I have to have more than one thing going on at once-the second I start my sweet husband reminds me that I will never finish it (well this year at least). He is right about 97% of the time. I have never taken before and after pictures of my projects, but I still have two unfinished pillows and one cabinet door left over. So you get to see some pictures of before meets after :)
These pillow case slip covers were the easiest thing I have ever sewn. I just took up sewing a couple of months ago and get addicted to projects. For some reason I have to take breaks from sewing before I start again, I think its the concentration it takes to sew something-my mind can only take so much. I am thinking of making some more but white and yellow stripped? I need to do something with those ugly brown pillows-I cannot stand the sight of them! Lets put that on the list to get done by 2012. Seriously. (project cost about $6)
This cabinet needed a little love.
There is nothing that a little ivory spray paint and CHALKBOARD spray paint cant fix! Yes Chalkboard spray paint; super cheap, super easy, super fun!
With the extra one I have left over I might do the same thing as a wedding gift for a friend OR spray paint the whole thing one color then get some pretty hooks on it and call it a coat hanger. What do you think? (project cost $5)
This is my recent project that I have started dreaming about. . . I love it in blue. The person that makes these sells them for 145 bucks! Good for her, but I would rather just make it myself :) I was thinking of doing it in shades of blue, grey and yellow. What do you think? Anyone have a heart punch out that I can borrow?
to see more of these beautiful heart frames go visit her etsy shop here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the pillows sarah! that heart project is so cute... can't wait to see it.

Shelby Weight said...

i love the pillows AND the cabinet! sooo cute! do you have a sewing machine??

Shelby Weight said...

oh & no worries..brig says the same thing to me! i never finish projects either so i'm way impressed!

Corinne said...

Super cute! I seriously love the cabinet doors thing. Where do you find them?

Unknown said...

Shelb, i use my moms old sewing machine.
corinne cassie had them from years ago and gave them to me. they have been in my trunk for two years lol. So glad I finally decided to do something with them!

Jason and Kristy said...

Very cute! Looks like you've been busy. I love the pillows! The spray chalkboard paint i am dying to try! Thanks for the fun ideas.

CASSIE said...

GOOD JOB! You are so cute and craftsy...