Today I read something that made me think really hard-which doesn’t happen often. I am a mother and wife, my life is simple not complicated-it’s okay that I don’t ever think really hard. "The grass is always greener right beneath my feet." I found that quote here, at one of my favorite blogs. This made me realize how important it is to love every single day I have with my sweet daughter. I notice with friends and family we are always talking about what is to come in the future-what time was like before when everything was simpler. And the fact is, everything isn’t always simple-but it’s the simple wonderful blessings of each day we forget. We remember the trials and hurt and loss that we go through, but looking back it always seems easier (or harder) than we could have ever imagined. So my point is- I am trying so much to enjoy every single moment I have. I am a planner and organizer when it comes to everything. So I am trying to plan a little less and focus more on today. Today I watched Bentley drink milk and lick her milk mustache
Today I sat and watched Bentley learn how to put her cup in and out of the cup holder on her high chair
Today I noticed that Bentleys 8th tooth went back up magically?
Today Bentley ate rocks (I hope tomorrow her dentist doesn’t mind)
Today we played at the park, even in this humidity and heat
Today Bentley wore jeans instead of a skirt; it was funny watching her try to run around in them, still a little too bigToday Bentley looked kinda like a little boy-besides the cute hair and obvious girl prance (it’s how she walks, I have gotten used to it)
Today I watched Bentley learn and grow as she discovered how to do new things
Today we slid down the slide and it brought me back to being a kid-static hair and all
Today to anyone else would seem normal and boring, but it’s my little Heaven on earth that I get to enjoy.
ps, my baby normally isnt running around looking homeless without shoes on-she just got too many rocks in her shoes, the girl has gotta be comfy :)











8 comments:
I think she looks adorable! and yes Sarah I agree with everything you said, enjoying each day! I love ya girl!!
So true Sarah. You are such a good mommy. And Bentley is so stinkin cute. I miss you guys terribly!!
I can't believe how big she is getting...scarier yet-- that Taya could be running around like that in 6 months!! She is so adorable..cherish her.
I think she looks beautiful Sarah!! She does look comfy and thats awesome! And you are such a good Mom. Its true how we let our days slip by without noticing the sweet little pleasures that we should. I always try to remember that Yes, they are both running around the house playing indians together but one day they will grow up and I wish I would of paid more attention. I hope your doing great Sarah!!!
i love this post. and the pictures! you inspire me :) thanks!
Bentley is adorable and so are you! I totally agree that we need to appreciate the moments that we are in NOW...but I almost need to post that on my fridge to remind myself.
abby
LOVE this Sarah!!! Every single word is SO true!! Thanks for your positive words ;) You are such a light in my life and I am SO very thankful for you TODAY and EVERYDAY :)
this is so awesome, sarah. i love her outfit!
Post a Comment