Friday, May 28, 2010

advice needed

inspiration. picture i can print for free and hang, isn't it so cool? i just love it.

I am always looking for new and innovative ideas to change up home and make it feel even homier! So, all you crafty women out there, I need some advice! I am thinking of redoing our bedroom (not that there is anything to redo because there is nothing in it!) I have always thought that the bedroom in the home should be the most comfortable place to be. My favorite family memories have been in the bedroom, whether it is kneeling to pray as a family watching bentley giggle to kam tickling her. SO I think my room definitely needs a little improvement! I was searching around blogs the other day and happened to stumble across one that I fell in love with!
http://tart-house.blogspot.com/
I don’t really think I have a specific style for my home; I just want it to feel comfortable and beautiful. Lately I have been looking at a lot of the things in my home and think it needs a little bit of lighting up! I’m really into the blues, yellows and grays. I found this inspiration for my room. What do you think? Does anyone have any suggestions of things I could make, or possibly buy that are similar just at a cheaper price? Let’s hear the ideas, or you could send me some links. Thanks ladies :)

6 comments:

Kacie said...

I am the same way sarah. My childhood memories have ALWAYS been in the bedroom with my family. I re did my room and I LOVE it. I guess you would call it a "Joseph and Emma" theme. There are pictures of them and quotes from him that have to do with eternal marriage, and it is my favorite room in the house, by far! Its so fun to decorate, just so hard to figure out what you want! I can't wait to see what you do!

Rob, Michelle, Luke & Harper said...

What a great color scheme! I am so bad at that sort of thing and marvel at people who can put together such cute rooms. I can't wait to see it all together!

gentry's said...

ikea has duvet covers like that white one above. that color scheme flows really well together and would make your bedroom feel romantic and cozy. that red pillow, i could more than likely make for you, if i had a bigger image of it, and you can always go to joannes fabric and find mock versions of the material you like and sew the curtains. i love home decor. im getting an itch to change my house again. this time have it be something i totally love. right now our house is definitely more davids modern style. let me know if you need me for anything.

Unknown said...

thanks everyone for the great advice!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shelby Weight said...

i love it sarah!!! the colors are way cute.