Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another year has passed

This year has flown by so fast! I am now 21. Kam and I were just talking about how funny it was last year for my birthday. I was tan and in shape from going to the Bahamas. And then over a dinner conversation we talked about starting a family. Now I am trying to work off these last few pounds and our family has expanded. Kam told me last year over my birthday dinner, "Next year we can start trying to having a baby on your birthday." Well November rolled around and Heavenly Father gave us a nudge one unexpected day while attending the temple. When Kam and I looked at each other that day we knew the time had come to start. He knew we were ready before we did. Isn't it funny how his plan works? I am so lucky to have my sweet husband and precious baby with me this week for my birthday. Thursdays are always Kam's hardest days to be home. He goes to work at 4:25 am and then doesn’t get home until 10:30 pm at night because he has classes. He surprised me and came home early from class. He ran in the house soaking wet with pretty flowers in his hands. My husband could give any man a lesson on picking out flowers. He always seems to find the most beautiful sunflower arrangements for my birthday. He then brought in bags and bags of a few of my favorite things. Sometimes when I am talking to him about things I like during football I think he is not listening, but he really is! He also got me a super funny card that comes with a good pair of jeans when I am ready to buy some. The jeans I own are still not being buttoned at this time so he was smart just telling me to buy some when I am ready! Thank you to everyone for all of the calls, texts and happy birthday being sung by my sweet nieces and nephews. You guys are the greatest! I cannot wait to see all of the changes that will happen by my next birthday.

6 comments:

Andrew and Jena said...

Dearest Sarah... Little Bentley is absolutely beautiful!! :) I hope all is well.... from the looks of your blog things seem to be!! :) Have a wonderful day!

Becca said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sarah dear... Didnt know it was your bday but sounds like it was great:)

Traci Butler said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! I meant to text you all week to tell you I was going to come get my dishes, but it was a crazy week! Sorry they have been there so long. I will be by this week to get them! Hope your birthday was great.

Kelli said...

Sarah! I am such a horrible friend. I have been so sick and self absorbed lately. I truly apologize. Happy birthday! Your post made me cry...everything makes me cry these days. You are so sweet. And such a good friend! Thank you for you uplifting words on my last post. I want to come see Bentley. Would Wednesday be ok with you? Erin has been wanting to see her too but she has bronhitis so it will be awhile before she can. let me know if i can come wednesday. I love you and hope you had a wonderful birthday! Again Im so sorry for forgetting...I suck! (no one told me your mind goes when you're prego)

Randy & Kendra Montgomery said...

Happy Birthday! Sarah, Bently is beautiful! You did a perfect job! I am so happy for you and you look more beautiful than ever!

Kacie said...

Thank you for the comment on my pics! I thought she did a good job too! Ok so I LOVE your header and then I just about died when I saw the one of her on the side. She's beautiful. How are you doing? And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!