Thursday, November 22, 2012

Maui, Hawaii

Our trip to Hawaii was a little unplanned... okay it was not planned whatsoever.

 It started like this. 

Saturday evening I get an email from my sister in law who was in Europe waiting for me to get there. She ended up needing to come home early so I was not able to meet up with her in London. I was a little bummed but totally okay with the turn of events. I was back and forth about leaving my kiddos anyway (one still nursing makes it that much more tough.) Kam works for US Airways and can be  called to go anywhere any day he is on call. The next day he was first on call and I joked with him Saturday night that he would go to Hawaii without me. He said no way-would never happen. I woke up around 6am to check Kam's schedule and lucky him-he got called out to Hawaii... and he needed to leave for the airport in two hours. Kam was dead asleep as I was calling my mom begging her to come over so I could hope on a plane to Hawaii. My mom got up, drove two hours from Tucson, and made it to our home early Sunday morning so we could take off!

A few hours later we were on our way to Hawaii and enjoying every minute of it. We were so grateful to be able to go on this quick trip-thanks mom for watching the girls while we enjoyed ourselves on the beautiful island of Maui! She was even so wonderful to take them to the zoo for 4 hours! Bentley is still talking about it.


morning stroll on the beach, we were so thrown off from the time change that we decided to walk for miles.
another cheesy picture! I just love my husband he is the best.
breakfast and lunch board walks.
Dukes! This place was pretty good... but I would have to say Lailanis on the beach in Whaler Village was my very favorite place we ate at. Our food was so good that we didn't even have a chance to take a picture before it was gone. 

on the walk to whalers village-golf course at our hotel
aloha!!
on our way to lunch, I was the only person wearing pants.. and they were black. Lesson learned.
thats my cute, goofy, crazy husband!
we loved all the beautiful trees along the beach






this is what happens when I take a self portrait... you only get half of our faces!! My arms are a little short!

During dinner at the hotel we ended up with a little Hawaiian show. It was so fun seeing a little bit of the culture while we were there.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I'm so jealous! these pics bring back memories of mine and Randy's honeymoon. We ate at Dukes too! You guys need to try Roy's!