Sophie Quinn Webb born November 8th 2011 at 6:35 am. 6 pounds 9 ounces 18 inches.
Her story:
(this is documented for family, friends and myself-for those of you who dont want to read a long ol' birth story scroll down for pictures.)
I was scheduled to go in to the hospital November 7th at 6pm to start my induction. My dr told me to call the hospital ahead of time to make sure it was not full before I got there. I called with anticipation, and they advised me that they were full. They said to call back at ten to see if I could get in. I didn't think that I could be more disappointed. I waited around until 9:30 and was so impatient I called in. They said they could not find the head nurse and they would call me back before 10 to let me know if I could come in that night or not. 10:20 rolls around and my phone has not rang yet. I called them, apologizing ahead of time for being impatient. I waited on the phone for them to find the nurse that was in charge. She gets on the phone and says to head on in! I woke up my husband and rushed around getting my bag and everything in the car. I ran into Bentleys room, brushed her hair off her face while she was sleeping, and told her I would be bringing home a little sister, gave her kisses then left. I was ready. The whole time driving to the hospital Kam joked around that he was going to class in the morning, because she probably wont be coming for a few days.
We arrived at the hospital around 10:45 pm, waited for a room to get cleaned up and ready for delivery. By the time we got into the room and answered all the basic questions from the nurse it was about 12:30 am. The nurse gave me whats called cervidil around 1:00 am. I had the same thing with Bentley, they usually leave it in for 12 hours in hope that it will soften the cervix. I asked the nurse if she thought it would do anything to me, and she told me that for some people with their 2nd pregnancy it can put them into labor. I was not convinced in any way that this little girl would be coming anytime soon. I was full term, with no signs of labor-just had already been dilated to a 4 and 60 percent effaced. This little girl was a bit too comfy inside, she had no intentions of coming on her own. With these thoughts I rolled over to my side to try and get comfortable while the nurse continued her series of health related questions. My husband was fast asleep on the couch, and I was wide awake dreaming of our baby girl. At about 1:30 am I started to feel contractions. I called over to the nurse, who was still inputting all my information in the computer and randomly asking questions, and asked her if I was having a contraction. I was so unaware of what they exactly felt like since with Bentley's labor I got the epidural before they came on too strong. She told me that I WAS having a contraction. I had felt a few of these at home every night, and had no idea what they really were. After the first one I was not expecting a second one to happen so soon. The second one happened about three minutes later, and a little more painful. I then was asking the nurse again if that was another one. She told me that it was. I was a bit shocked that my body was reacting to the cervidil so quickly. I kept thinking to myself that this could not be real, was my body really in labor? The nurse reminded me that it could be putting me into labor, but I didnt believe it. Then the contractions continued to happen about 2-3 minutes apart. I told Kam to wake up, I needed him to hold my hand through this. Laying in a hospital bed unable to move, hooked up to machines is not very comfortable during contractions.
Sweet Kam gets up confused and sits with me. I then ask the nurse how soon I can get an epidural, she checked my cervix and said since I was progressing she would request one soon. They had to give me another bag of fluids before I could get the epidural. The CRNA showed up to give me the epidural right in the middle of a painful contraction. I was never so happy to see someone in my life. He gave me the epidural around 2:30 am. I could have kissed him I was so happy. As he left the room he warned me that he didnt get me too strong of medicine so I was able to feel myself push. I was okay with this, as long as the contractions were not really painful, I was as happy as can be. A nurse came in the room around 5:45 am to check my cervix, I was dilated to a six, and 80 percent effaced. My water also broke during the exam. I shouted over to my poor tired husband that I was at a six, and my water broke! Time for him to get up and wait with me. As Kam got dressed and put in his contacts, nurses started to fill the room prepping for delivery. They called Dr. Litchfield to let her know where I was at. I warned them that I normally go pretty quick once I'm at a six. And by normally I am referring to my one prior labor experience.
A nurse runs into the room becaues the baby's heart rate drops as each contraction comes on. They hook me up to oxygen and turn me to my other side. I say a little prayer and tell baby girl to hold on just a little longer. I asked the nurse to turn up the sound on her heart rate machine so I could hear her. They tried to teach me how to take low deep breaths to get the baby the right amount of oxygen.
As the room empties out, my nurse returns, and so does a lot of pressure. I told her that I am starting to feel very uncomfortable and a lot of pressure. She told me my dr was on her way and should be there soon. I looked up at the clock and it was about 6:14, I thought to myself this could not be happening again! With Bentleys delivery I had to wait for my dr to get there before I started pushing. The nurse checked me and noticed I was ready, that pressure was not lying. She layed my bed down more flat so the baby would not come too fast. She went out to get the on call dr. He shortly arrived and got prepped to have me push. As soon as they got me in the right position to push Dr. Litchfield rushes in the room. I told her if she wanted to deliver this baby she better get ready now because I wanted to push at that very moment. She told me to give her three minutes, and she would be dressed and ready. Couldnt she have said one minute or two? Why three? She was ready within seconds and I was more than ready to get this little girl out. I started to push around 6:30 am, I continued to push through a few contractions.
One last push and as soon as I tore a little bit she came right out. They then put her on my chest and had me hold her skin to skin. She was here, 6:35 am, just 5 short hours of labor and she was here. I could not believe how beautiful she was. She was just perfect. The first thing I noticed was her dark hair, I loved how dark her hair was. Dr. Litchfield distracted me within moments, held up the cord and said, "Do you know what this is? This is a true knot in her cord. She is a blessing sent from heaven." She continued to explain to me that if the cord would have tightened up at any time sweet little Sophie would not be here. I had tears of joy, I was so grateful that she made it here okay, and that Heavenly Father blessed me with such a sweet baby. I kept thinking to myself how lucky I really am, I am able to hold one of Heavenly Fathers perfect angels. All the anxiety about if she would fit in our family, if I could handle two kids, how would we be able to do this, how much sleep I would loose left the second I saw her. I knew that she was suppose to be here and she fit into my heart and arms more perfectly than I could ever imagine. She was her, she was perfect and we were blessed. I never knew a heart could feel so much love at once. The spirit that enters the room when a sweet baby is born is so precious.
And now for much anticipated pictures....
(all these were taken in the hospital, mainly from my bed or with the help of my wonderful husband)
she is here!!
the amazing Dr. Litchfield, love her!
just a few hours old, bundled up all warm!
love love love her
mommy and sophie
daddy and sophie!
ten tiny toes
cant get enough baby feet pictures!














17 comments:
SO perfect! I may have cried a few happy, hormonal tears!! Love you guys and that sweet baby!!
wow sarah that is crazy about the knot! so glad that she was ok! she is perfect you are such a good momma!!
Sarah! Your story made me cry! I'm so happy or you guys. She is a beautiful little angel. Congratulations
How cute!! What an amazing story too!!
okay, Sarah. I love your baby story, love the pictures, and LOVE your beautiful PERFECT baby!! congratulations! :)
Looooooove it! she is adorable! Congratulations!!!
Oh I love hearing birth stories. They bring back to many memories of pure joy and excitement. What a perfect little baby she is! Now you will wonder how you ever lived without her :)
Love love love the pictures. You have such a beautiful family. Sophie is precious. Can't wait to meet her! I am so happy everything went perfectly and she is here and healthy and happy. You are such a good little mama. Wish you all the best with those two sweet girlies :)
So sweet. I pray my labor goes as well as yours! She is a doll!
She is adorable! Congrats to you and Kam! She is so precious and i love all the pictures!
Sarah that post was me Holly. Anthony always signs into his account on my computer and it didn't say who's account I was logged in as! :)
she is so sweet sarah. look at all that beautiful hair! i'm glad everything went well and she arrived safely. What a blessing indeed! Thank you for all your support in everything! You are so sweet and a great mother. Im truly glad all is well
She is beautiful Sarah and look at all that hair! What a neat experience. I am so glad she is here and arrived safely! You and Kam sure know how to make cute kiddos
Congratulations. She is beautiful.
Oh Sarah I'm so happy for you!Sophie is gorgeous, and I love her name. You are such a sweet mother, those girls of yours are lucky for sure.
She really is one of the most beautiful little newborns I have ever seen. Perfect little face. I'll bet your loving all the tender moments with your new little darling. Motherhood truly is so much fun.
not sure why I never saw your birth story posted till now but oh how I love reading about it! I am so happy for your little family, and for the fast and healthy arrival of your new little girl!
Post a Comment