Sunday, May 8, 2011

being a mama

{warning-this is a long and mushy post}

Yesterday Kam came home and surprised me with edible arrangement chocolate covered strawberries. A lovely early mothers day gift. When I got this it made me think and realize what being a mom really is. Being a mom isn't the flowers or freshly dipped fruit, its the messes, hugs and love you get from your family. This doesnt mean I will ever complain if I get papered-I really enjoy it :)

The best parts and memories of being Bentleys mama so far:
feeling those sweet little kicks while she was in my tummy-i even enjoyed the ones in the ribs
pushing out the little itty bitty baby with the big head, the dr thought you were "a big one," before you were         weighed to a measly 6 pounds 10.8 ounces
waking up in the middle of the night changing those tiny diapers and snuggling with you while you nursed back to sleep-im actually really looking forward to this part again
crying because i am frustrated then laughing because i am crying (the weird hormones that come with being a women)
watching her crawl for the first time
hearing her say that first word, puppy, so clearly
listening to her now speak some foreign language that makes no sense
watching her appreciate having a mama and dad that both love her (when kam gets home from school she grabs my leg, grabs his leg and then makes us all hug. after we pick her up she pushes kam and my face together to give kisses-sweetest thing ever)
watching her try to sing alone to nursery songs and making up her own dances
there are so many millions of wonderful moments that come with being a mom, and so many hard. but they are all worth it.

After being a mom I realize what that motherly unconditional love really means. I now have a small understanding of what my mom and mother in law have gone through-Bentley is not even two yet. I am surprised we all somehow survive. I am surprised we can love someone that is so small so much. But thanks to all our wonderful mothers who raised us-we can be grateful.

Love you mother dear, love you mama webb.

my favorite quote that fits perfect for mothers day:

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. 
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. 
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. 
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. 
I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. 
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." 
 Marjorie Pay Hinckley


 i dont think i have ever seen a prettier baby girl!!
 my mom, love you-thanks for being a wonderful mother!
my handsome husband and his pretty mom. She is a wonderful example and i love her so!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post. Bentley has grown so much since those photos. She was so tiny :) It's easy to forget how small they were...

Danielle Christene said...

So sweet Sarah. Isn't being a Mom the best? I just LOVE it. You are just a good mama, Bentley and this new little one are so so lucky to have you!

Kay and Krystal said...

Umm..just so you know the comment from Cristen was from me. I was using Kay's computer (his name is actually Cristen) and he was logged into his google account and I didn't notice. Opps.

CASSIE said...

so perfectly put.