Monday, October 11, 2010

floating on air

3 years ago today the man of my dreams asked me to marry him and I said yes. I remember that day so clearly. Crisp, desert morning, 4am to be exact. It felt like we drove for hours to get to our destination. The whole drive my heart was racing with anticipation. I thought I had a good idea what was going to happen, but I was surprised. We bundled up and got onto a hot air balloon. I felt like I was floating on air, literally. He didn't have much room to kneel down, but I think I said yes before he even got a chance to finish the question. Now thinking back that was probably a bad idea, every time I imagine it I think of my ring being tossed hundreds of feet out of the basket. Now that type of thing only happens in the movies, so thank goodness that didn’t happen. In the last three years I have realized that falling in love isn't the best part. Thinking back on the last three years it’s not the hot air balloon that is so memorable, it’s our journey. Even though our journey has contained messy diapers, moving a million times, late night’s finishing school work, date nights of snuggling on our futon of a couch (how did we ever survive?)-that is what I love the most. With a little bit of tears, a lot of laughter and our strong faith we have made it this far.our balloon
our moment
we landed and had breakfast in the desert. Don't worry, we were drinking the apple cider. I think we were the only ones drinkin the apple cider.

8 comments:

Shelby Weight said...

this is too cute! i love your story. this makes me want to blog about ours :)

Corinne said...

Gotta say I'm glad you said yes too. Love you guys!

Traci Butler said...

How sweet. I didn't know that Kam proposed in a hot air balloon. Cute!

emily said...

I love this...Jon was going to purpose when we were Skydiving but me, totally not thinking at all or noticing any ques, I blew it so he couldn't. I made it impossible for him to ask. Haha I am retarded. This is cute, I love the hot air baloon. I have done this before. It was really neat. 3 years flys by doesn't it? But it's umm...freakin awesome. I am completely obsessed with Jon. It only keep gettin' better huh? You are so cute.

CASSIE said...

I KNOW we were the only ones drinking apple cider when we went..so cute, so sweet! Still can't believe you remembered the day. So glad you are part of our family...LOVE YOU!

Danielle Christene said...

So sweet. I am so happy for you both. And I absolutely love the pictures at the park! So adorable.

Silver Strands said...

So sweet! You are such a cute couple. I love this post, it's just so full of love.

Saije Wright said...

I love your story Sarah, I had no idea he proposed in the hot air balloon!
So I miss you and I think that we should get together when you are back in town and catch up! If you have time :) When will you be back?