Monday, July 12, 2010

girls trip/half marathon


A month ago I had the chance to go to California with some of the best people I know, my friends. It was a blast. The trip consisted of; laughing so hard at the pictures taken on the rides at six flags, talking about how much we love our families, spending a wonderful day at the beautiful Newport beach temple, spending all afternoon at the beach talking, watching all of our stuff get washed up in the ocean-luckily the only thing damaged was my cell phone, and a fun night at benihanas. The half marathon consisted of running up and down a mountain several times, running through 9 creek beds, a random cave that looked like we were in the jungle, rolling my ankle mile two but running it out, watching Kate’s leg have a spaz attack mile 12, running through sand dunes that felt like quick sand and accomplishing something I never thought I could do. It was such a spiritual experience all said and done. I heard this saying about someone’s mission before, and think I can relate it to my run, “I would not sell the experience for a million dollars, but I would not buy it back for a dollar.” I am so in love with running now, but my next half marathon will be completely flat on cement, zero trails or dirt. Thanks Kate for being an awesome friend through training and all. And Danielle, you are such an amazing mom and friend. I am so glad we got to catch up like we did; I remember why we are such good friends.
Thanks to my wonderful husband for watching Bentley and loving every second of it while I was gone. And thank you so much to Kam’s parents for being the best and helping him watch her, she loves you guys so much!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

check my awesome leg pop!


(i seriously LOVED this trip... i must see you when you come!)

Danielle Christene said...

Sarah you are too sweet. That trip was a blast. I loved every second of it! So glad I got to spend some time with you girlies. I miss you and hope things are going amazing in Texas!

Rubalcavas said...

Good job Sarah! I am so proud of you...I wouldn't have been able to run such an adventurous half. Way to go!

CASSIE said...

Seriousy so proud of you!

Caldwells said...

Way to go! I totally agree! Running gives you such a high. When Porter and I did our marathon it was such a cool experience although I can't say that I am up for braving another one for some time. I think I am up for a half soon though. If you and Kate hear of any other ones close by let me know.
You and your family are so cute. I love little bently! soooo adorable. Take care.

Mardi said...

your pictures are so super cute! we need to hang out sometime!

Mardi said...

me again - tate's b-day is Friday and we're having cake and ice cream at 6:30! please come. :) (no gifts though.) :)

Mardi said...

i'm guessing you'll get tired of me soon....i should probably get your e-mail address. i left you a message on your phone, but me and another girl are meeting at Crawford Park, in Cedar Hill, at 11:30. We are bringing our lunches. Come join us.